How To Make Lilac Sugar

Image
This blog post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a small percentage of the sale if you choose to purchase something from the links at no extra cost to you. This is because  Mama Needs Money, Too! This seemed like such an easy AND pretty DIY that I had to make it for myself! Though I didn’t take as many pictures as I normally would, the process is pretty self explanatory. First pick your lilacs! I found this wasp hanging out in the flowers in my basket while I was picking them. She was very photogenic and agreed to leave me alone while I collected my flowers, so long as I also left her alone too. I collected enough bunches to make at least a cup of just the flowers, no steam or leaves.  Time to separate the flowers! You want to make sure you keep any green bits out of this mix as they can have a bitter taste.  Layer it up! Now all you have to do is put a layer of sugar on the bottom of your jar, then pile a layer of your lilac flowers on top of that. Once you h

Thrift With Me: My Recent Thrift Store Finds

This blog post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a small percentage of the sale if you choose to purchase something from the links at no extra cost to you. This is because Mama Needs Money, Too!





Ahhh thrifting. My FAVORITE hobby! Not only can thrifting save you money, but it also helps save the planet!

Did you know that clothing and shoes contribute more waste than glass and plastic combined?! Look at fast fashion and how quickly things go in and out of style. Better yet, how quickly things just seem to fall apart anymore.

Maybe one day I’ll write a post all about my opinion on that whole topic, but for now if you are reading this, YOU want to see what I found at the thrift store!

And I am excited to show you so here we go!


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Gw-EmieKVPHrn9XnwKzJFiDKsgJTlyE2


Now one of these I purchased but the others I didn’t. I don’t purchase to sell or anything like that, maybe some day that will be in my future. But I shop secondhand mostly for home decor items, or crafty things. I enjoy turning things into other things! So mostly what you will see in these are home and craft items though I’m sure you’ll see the occasional fashion item.

Let talk about this Cheerio bowl 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1aPQoRr7PFRxeolDQVsXAN8VOpFyDK1Rk

This big ole bowl was stashed amongst the potting stuff. I didn’t end up purchasing it, but I definitely had a look around! It looks like it was handmade in a high school art class.

Honestly I really did consider buying this for a planter! It was cute and seems like it has its own little story.


Tiny ironing board anyone?

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1oxGFjDv5dm7AkT498PqNs4BSZtSfUNfn

This seems like this little guy HAD a purpose. Perhaps it would be nice to have sitting next to a smal little sewing table. Either way, I thought it was adorable. It folded up nice and flat nice a regular sized ironing board, it was just tiny! Haha.


Mini owl sculpture 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1zBv9mhYKelkWYIqu37bUuiDgXhmEGjqr

This one I thought would be perfect on a little side table or maybe an entry way table. 

This little guy was also signed by someone to their mom, but sadly he ended up here.

I think this is one of those items that of it sticks around long enough I’ll probably end up purchasing it because it was pretty adorable. 

Who knows! 😉


Funky knit sweater

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1wtEQI887qWBochOPXKIrPG79P9lVC0E3

Now this one I’m not sure if it’s vintage or not. But I’m pretty sure I owned one a lot like it back in the 90s 😅

If this one would have been the correct size it would have FOR SURE come home with me, but I like my sweaters big and baggy and this one wouldn’t have worked for that. So I hope someone else can get some love from it!


Amber punch bowl 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1oImbYJ4edD_vzP8aBRO_SbpcS-zJobp_

Man if I had a life outside of mommying and thrifting, maybe I could use a beautiful amber glass punch bowl, but sadly I have boys who break things and no friends to drink punch with, so someone much fancier than I must enjoy pick this one up instead. 😉

Little log chair

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1fVXOZttFSGZcdAcasj3X2q_s7PVJAwV0

Because I have bought 3 wicker ones in the last month, I just could not convince myself to purchase another plant chair. Lol.

Though this one so SO unique and different. I’m sure it won’t stay here long!


Wooden sun plate

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1-W8z1XKWyUyGifqA7hdSYBmEn5M7DmIE

Now I saved this one for last because I DID purchase this! It’s pretty faded and has some missing chunks around the edge BUT I got this to add to a future basket wall!

I plan on making a post here soon about fixing this up to make it look fresh and new so if YOU happen to stumble upon a cool looking wood piece, you can fix her up too!



That is all for this thrifting trip! Keep an eye out for an upcoming blog post about the plate, and so much more!

I hope you enjoyed! What has been some of your favorite thrifting finds?

Happy thrifting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Plants For The Beginner Green Thumb

How To Tell If Your Plant Needs Water

How To Make Lilac Sugar