How To Make Lilac Sugar

Image
This blog post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a small percentage of the sale if you choose to purchase something from the links at no extra cost to you. This is because  Mama Needs Money, Too! This seemed like such an easy AND pretty DIY that I had to make it for myself! Though I didn’t take as many pictures as I normally would, the process is pretty self explanatory. First pick your lilacs! I found this wasp hanging out in the flowers in my basket while I was picking them. She was very photogenic and agreed to leave me alone while I collected my flowers, so long as I also left her alone too. I collected enough bunches to make at least a cup of just the flowers, no steam or leaves.  Time to separate the flowers! You want to make sure you keep any green bits out of this mix as they can have a bitter taste.  Layer it up! Now all you have to do is put a layer of sugar on the bottom of your jar, then pile a layer of your lilac flowers on top of that. Once you h

How To Tell If Your Plant Needs Water

This blog post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a small percentage of the sale if you choose to purchase something from the links at no extra cost to you. This is because Mama Needs Money, Too!




We’ve talked about overwatering your plants, so now your wondering “When DO I water my plants?!” I’m here today to tell you just that!


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1jihrssEmnSquu3ogz_a6C59w9wxyWeo7

The first sign you want to look for is


Curled leaves!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1nO54ODTqjXFe6X-8KPF5pXeTN6uzoYru

Now not all plants do this, and not all should do this, but plants like pothos and philodendrons for example curl their leaves up like a little taco.

You can also kind of pinch a leaf between your fingers to see if it rolls up like a taco super easy. If that’s the case, give your plant a drink!


The leaves look wilted

Limp or wilted looking leaves is another sign your plant needs some water. They will get droopy and feel soft as well.


Soil test

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1p5GA1pI2SlL11sxyHZkQloFwymlQgyAe

I think the most common way people check if their plants need water is by sticking their finger in the soil. If you pull your finger out and there is no dirt sticking to it, the plant probably needs water. 

If you stick your finger in and moist dirt sticks to your finger, your plant is doing just fine. 



Pick up your plant!

Sometimes it is easy to tell your plant is thirsty just by picking it up and if the pot feels light, there is a good chance it needs water. 

You will start to be able to tell a lot easier with this method as you get to know your plants a little bit more.


I hope this helps you learn when to water your plants!



You can find me on InstagramTikTok, and Pinterest

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Plants For The Beginner Green Thumb

How To Make Lilac Sugar