How To Make Lilac Sugar

Image
This blog post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a small percentage of the sale if you choose to purchase something from the links at no extra cost to you. This is because  Mama Needs Money, Too! This seemed like such an easy AND pretty DIY that I had to make it for myself! Though I didn’t take as many pictures as I normally would, the process is pretty self explanatory. First pick your lilacs! I found this wasp hanging out in the flowers in my basket while I was picking them. She was very photogenic and agreed to leave me alone while I collected my flowers, so long as I also left her alone too. I collected enough bunches to make at least a cup of just the flowers, no steam or leaves.  Time to separate the flowers! You want to make sure you keep any green bits out of this mix as they can have a bitter taste.  Layer it up! Now all you have to do is put a layer of sugar on the bottom of your jar, then pile a layer of your lilac flowers on top of that. Once you h

How To Gain Followers On Instagram ORGANICALLY!

I get DM’s on Instagram asking how I got to where I am today with my follower count all the time! Now, let me just start this off by saying your follower count,does NOT define who or what you are. Please do not measure your value on your followers or likes or comments or what have you. You are perfect as you are!

With that being said, I understand that being an Instagram Influencer seems like the “cool” online job that everyone wants. Which yeah, it is fun! I get a chance to express my creativity with my pictures and editing style, and I use mine as a little micro blog to help support other moms who may be suffering from postpartum mood and anxiety disorders. So yeah, I really do love what I do!

What helps me with being able to continue on being an Influencer while being a stay at home mom, is my followers and how they engage with me and vise versa. There are many ways that you can kind of “cheat the system” and have a higher follower count, but that will not help you in the long run. Those ways include buying followers, buying engagement, or only joining loops or follow groups without putting back what you are getting in. You want to have that REAL engagement without having to spend all of your money buying likes or followers. It’s just not worth it! Instead, here are my tips and tricks to gain MORE followers and more engagement organically!



https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1kPLCSBustnKF-ocNw7Ku_B6xlV_DEHM6




ENGAGE ENGAGE ENGAGE!
You HAVE to engage with others! That’s the BIGGEST and BEST way to gain more engagement for yourself! Comment, like, share, tag your friends, and watch your followers stories! The more you interact with people who follow you, the more likely that they are to interact back.



Share your Instagram account on other social sights
If you have a Facebook page, share your pictures there and talk about your account. You could be missing out on followers by not sharing on other platforms. If you shared a helpful tip or an awesome inspirational quote, share the picture on Pinterest! This will help your words and photos get seen by lots more potential viewers.



Follow hashtags
Instagram semi recently gave us the option to follow hashtags now! Which I think is so awesome and has lots of potential to help you gain! For one, when you follow a hashtag some of those photos will make its way onto your newsfeed, and when you see those photos it will tell you at the top where their Instagram account name should be which hashtag it came from. There for, make sure you like, comment something MEANINGFUL, not just an emoji or generic “Great capture!” or something or other that looks like it comes from a bot. Comment about the picture, the filter they use, read their caption and give your opinion or tell them a similar short story. Whatever it is, make sure it’s meaningful and with purpose.



Use hashtags in your posts
This seems like a no brainer, but it kind of ties into my last tip with following hashtags. You have to make sure to use hashtags on all of your posts! For one, other people also follow hashtags and are more likely to leave a comment or a like on your picture if it comes across their newsfeed. Not even just people who follow hashtags, but lots of people search hashtags so right there, if you aren’t using hashtags in your posts (and stories) people just aren’t going to find you and read what you have to say! You can put up to 30 hashtags on a regular post, and up to 10 in your stories. I only recommend you using maybe 1 or 2 in your stories, but I will be sure to make a separate post about how I get the most views I can on my Instagram stories some time in the future!



Tag locations
Now I personally live in a small town, so I don’t tag my exact location all of the time in my posts or my stories. But if I am at the county fair, local farmers market, or sometimes just shopping at Target, I will tag the location. But that way more local people can find you! Especially if there is a big event going on.


And lastly...



DON’T follow to unfollow people!
Honestly it’s the oldest trick in the book, and people don’t fall for it anymore. I know this is how lots of people used to start getting successful on Instagram, but nowadays everyone has a second party app to track who unfollows them. 



I hope these tips help you! Leave a comment below with any more tips and tricks you may have to gain organic followers! 


Don’t forget to follow my Instagram and stick around on my blog so you don’t miss out on more tips and tricks posts like this! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Plants For The Beginner Green Thumb

How To Tell If Your Plant Needs Water

How To Make Lilac Sugar